We have achieved the ICT Mark
|Mr Lloyd's class spent the day with singer songwriter Nathan Timothy, creating a song in memory of his sister Kate and also Miss Chamberlain.
Everyone had a great time and our song is called 'NO WAR'.
Click below to listen to the musical talent that we have in Year 5 currently!
Click Text Here
Image by Cool Text: Free Graphics Generator - Edit Image
< August, 2014 >
|Who is visiting our site?
|CROESO I YSGOL GYNRADD TROWBRIDGE
|OUR SCHOOL RULES
* We must always follow instructions straightaway
* We must always keep our hands, feet and unkind words to ourselves
* We listen to the person who is meant to be talking
* We always look after our classroom and belongings
* We are always thoughtful and respectful to others
CBBC WORLD NEWS
- VIDEO: World War One: Horace, the 14-year-old soldier
- Ricky's uncovered the story of a young boy from Leeds who lied about his age to fight in World War One.
- Jellyfish set for record numbers
- The UK is hailed as a jellyfish "hotspot" by researchers who say they could hit record numbers this summer.
- VIDEO: Stars Wars filming on Irish island
- The cast of the new Star Wars movie are believed to be filming scenes from the Hollywood blockbuster on a Skellig Michael island.
- VIDEO: Giant crop circle appears in Germany
- A huge crop circle, which apparently appeared out of nowhere, has drawn crowds of people to a farmer's field in Bavaria, southern Germany.
- VIDEO: Birds beat helicopters in hover test
- Micro-helicopters are just starting to catch up with the hovering and flight performance of the tiny hummingbird, say scientists.
- VIDEO: Fire rips through Eastbourne Pier
- A devastating fire tears through Eastbourne Pier, leaving the structure an "absolute red, molten, mess of flame and smoke".
- Driverless cars headed for UK roads
- The UK government says it plans to allow driverless cars on public roads in January, and asks three cities to compete to host special trials.
- Pictures: Amazing human tower competition
- A centuries-old tradition in Spain sees people stack themselves on top of one another, to create incredible human towers, known as castells.
- VIDEO: Huge water leak splits road in LA
- A burst water main on Los Angeles' famous Sunset Boulevard has caused flooding at the University of California.
- Argument over Australia mine plans
- Australia has approved a massive underground coal mine which environmentalists say could damage the Great Barrier Reef.
- Watch: Hand shake is most unhygenic greeting
- Researchers at Aberystwyth University say fist bumping is the most hygienic greeting.
- Watch: Ayshah hunts for Lego lost at sea
- Ayshah goes on the hunt for Lego pieces lost at sea nearly twenty years ago.
- VIDEO: Extreme summer weather conditions
- Many people have been affected by the bad weather that has hit parts of the country.
- California hit by raging wildfires
- Two fast-moving fires in California destroy 10 homes and force the evacuation of hundreds more.
- VIDEO: Role of oil in Scottish referendum
- With the vote on Scottish independence on September 18 we look at how the oil industry could affect the outcome.
- VIDEO: Massive power station towers demolished
- Three disused cooling towers at Didcot A Power Station have been demolished using more than 180kg of explosives.
- Pictures: Giant WW1 puppet procession in Liverpool
- Thousands of people have lined Liverpool's streets to welcome three giant marionette puppets, which tell the story of Liverpool during World War One.
- Watch: Leaders argue over crashed plane
- A big argument is going on between the most powerful leaders in the world, after a passenger plane crashed over Ukraine last week.
- VIDEO: Syrian children, life in a war zone
- The BBC looks at the impact of the war in Syria on the children living there.
- Watch Newsround
- Watch the latest update from Newsround, CBBC's news programme for children.
Category: After School Activities
|OUR SPORTING ACHIEVEMENTS
|PARENT'S ZONE - PARTH RHIENI
|Croeso rhieni i gwefan Ysgol Gynradd Trowbridge
Welcome Parents to Trowbridge Primary School's Website
|WORLD BOOK WEEK
On Thursday 6th March we will be celebrating World Book Day. The children will have the opportunity to dress up as any book character of their choice from their favourite book.
During the day we will be reading lots of different stories, taking part in various competitions and exciting activities to help us celebrate World Book Day.
Please feel free to look at the website link below for some inspiration.
Bonjour - HELLO
Au Revoir - GOODBYE
Comment tu t'appelles? - WHAT'S YOUR NAME?
Je m'appelle....... - MY NAME IS........
|DYDD GWYL DEWI SANT
We have been celebrating St David's Day in Trowbridge Primary School and have had an amazing time.
The children at Trowbridge have been taking part in lots of really exciting activities and have designed and made their own items for the Home Competitions:
Nursery - Flags
Reception- Junk Castles
Year 1 - Welsh Hats or Spring Bonnets
Year 2 - Welsh Ladies or Rugby Players
Year 3 - Daffodils
Year 4 - Welsh Dragons
Year 5 - Cakes or Castles
Year 6 - Cakes or Castles
The children have also been taking part in various activities in school to make St David's Day extra special. They were:
Keep your eyes peeled on our gallery for the superb photos of our special day.