We have achieved the ICT Mark
|Mr Lloyd's class spent the day with singer songwriter Nathan Timothy, creating a song in memory of his sister Kate and also Miss Chamberlain.
Everyone had a great time and our song is called 'NO WAR'.
Click below to listen to the musical talent that we have in Year 5 currently!
Click Text Here
Image by Cool Text: Free Graphics Generator - Edit Image
< April, 2014 >
|Who is visiting our site?
|CROESO I YSGOL GYNRADD TROWBRIDGE
|OUR SCHOOL RULES
* We must always follow instructions straightaway
* We must always keep our hands, feet and unkind words to ourselves
* We listen to the person who is meant to be talking
* We always look after our classroom and belongings
* We are always thoughtful and respectful to others
CBBC WORLD NEWS
- Saturn gives birth to 'new moon'
- Scientists believe they have discovered what could be the birth of a new moon in the rings of Saturn.
- VIDEO: How to get a car up a skycraper
- A car had to be cut into six pieces so it could go on display at the top of the Empire State Building.
- Watch: The mystery of new Banksy artwork
- A new artwork made by Banksy has caused a stir after being found on a wall in Bristol.
- Chicken and beef found in some lamb takeaways
- Food regulators are launching a crackdown after finding some takeaways were selling lamb dishes that actually contained beef and chicken.
- Books targeting boys and girls separately 'wrong'
- The Children's Laureate, Malorie Blackman, says books that target boys and girls separately are wrong because they exclude half the population.
- Big website suffers from 'Heartbleed'
- A major UK website has had data stolen by hackers taking advantage of the 'Heartbleed' bug. But what is it and why is it a big deal?
- Duke and Duchess arrive in Australia
- The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, along with Prince George, have arrived in Australia for the second part of their tour down under.
- More UK beaches than ever classed as 'excellent'
- A record number of beaches in the UK have 'excellent' water quality, according to the Marine Conservation Society. But how do they find out how clean the water is at your local beach?
- Glow in the dark road markings
- Glow in the dark road markings have been unveiled on a highway in the Netherlands.
- Obama asks Putin to help stop Ukraine protests
- American leader Barack Obama has phoned Russian president Vladimir Putin to urge him to help stop protesters in eastern Ukraine.
- Watch: Royals visit Christchurch
- The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have visited the city hit by an earthquake in 2011, on the eighth day of their royal tour of New Zealand.
- VIDEO: Watch: Unusual punishment for US 'bully'
- A judge in the US has ordered a man to appear in public holding a sign that reads: "I am a bully" as a punishment.
- Thousands flee forest fire in Chile
- A large forest fire has destroyed more than 150 homes in the Chilean port city of Valparaiso, forcing thousands to flee.
- Pictures: Amazing solar-powered things
- A solar plane that will try to fly around the world has been unveiled, so we take a look at some other amazing things that can run on energy from the Sun.
- VIDEO: Solar plane aims to fly the world
- A solar plane built for an ambitious mission to fly around the world powered only by the Sun has been unveiled.
- Surviving the Typhoon
- Leah's been to the Philippines to find out how children there are coping following one of the most powerful storms ever, Typhoon Haiyan.
- Pictures: The children affected by Typhoon Haiyan
- Newsround presenter Leah has visited the Philippines to meet children affected by Typhoon Haiyan and see how they are rebuilding their lives.
- VIDEO: Leah takes a tour around HMS Daring
- Leah takes a look around HMS Daring, the Royal Navy ship posted to the Philippines to help the islands in the aftermath of Typhoon Haiyan.
- VIDEO: Giant vending machine for villagers
- In some rural areas you can be a long way from your local store so one inventor has tried to solve that problem, with a giant vending machine.
- Watch Newsround
- Watch the latest update from Newsround, CBBC's news programme for children.
Category: After School Activities
|OUR SPORTING ACHIEVEMENTS
|PARENT'S ZONE - PARTH RHIENI
|Croeso rhieni i gwefan Ysgol Gynradd Trowbridge
Welcome Parents to Trowbridge Primary School's Website
|WORLD BOOK WEEK
On Thursday 6th March we will be celebrating World Book Day. The children will have the opportunity to dress up as any book character of their choice from their favourite book.
During the day we will be reading lots of different stories, taking part in various competitions and exciting activities to help us celebrate World Book Day.
Please feel free to look at the website link below for some inspiration.
Bonjour - HELLO
Au Revoir - GOODBYE
Comment tu t'appelles? - WHAT'S YOUR NAME?
Je m'appelle....... - MY NAME IS........
|DYDD GWYL DEWI SANT
We have been celebrating St David's Day in Trowbridge Primary School and have had an amazing time.
The children at Trowbridge have been taking part in lots of really exciting activities and have designed and made their own items for the Home Competitions:
Nursery - Flags
Reception- Junk Castles
Year 1 - Welsh Hats or Spring Bonnets
Year 2 - Welsh Ladies or Rugby Players
Year 3 - Daffodils
Year 4 - Welsh Dragons
Year 5 - Cakes or Castles
Year 6 - Cakes or Castles
The children have also been taking part in various activities in school to make St David's Day extra special. They were:
Keep your eyes peeled on our gallery for the superb photos of our special day.